The Thought Leader in Network-Critical Physical Infrastructure (NCPI)
By identifying emerging IT trends APC and SET provide the expert advice and tangible solutions you need to respond effectively with your NCPI. APC develops and distributes innovative products that are engineered for ease of use allowing you to act quickly and keep pace with the ever growing reliance on your IT systems.
What is APC’s InfraStruXure?
InfraStruXure is on-demand architecture for network-critical physical infrastructure. NCPI is the foundation upon which all highly available networks depend. It consists of:
- Power Distribution
- Cooling Distibution
- Management Tools
InfraStruXure’s modular architecture can be optimally configured for installations from wiring closets to large data centres.
Below is a typical configuration for a server room with up to five racks:
- Highest cooling density available (up to 20kW of cooling per rack).
- Increased runtime from minutes to days.
- Redundant design of system eliminates single points of failure.
- Factory pre-tested system reduces downtime.
- Hot-swappable modules lower mean-time-to-recovery.
- Proactive management identifies potential problems before they occur.
- Locking enclosures provide a secure environment.
- Rack-based modular approach allows system to be easily moved.
- Scalable design accommodates changing power densities.
- Power distribution system accommodates all receptacle types.
- Vendor-neutral enclosure guarantees compatibility with all major IT vendors.
- Pre-configured systems (Single Part Numbers).
- Web-based configuration tool simplifies the design process.
- Configure-to-order approach accelerates installation.
- Integrated pre-engineered system eliminates need for on-site system test.
- Rack-based, standardized modules facilitate quick installation.
Total Cost of Ownership
- On-demand design prevents oversizing and lowers cost.
- Standardized modules minimize one-time engineering costs.
- Built-in redundancy eliminates need to buy second UPS.
- Integrated cabling and cooling eliminates need for raised floor